0

Happy 1st Birthday, Shaunie!

I'm a horrible mommy. I've neglected the blog and someday Shaun is going to throw it in my face. The fact that I've documented every step and milestone of his two older brothers and that I stopped his a half year in. Shaun, my little sweetheart, I love you so much. So much! And I'm so sorry. You're adorable, funny and you look just like me! My little mini me son.

Our Shaun is a late crawler. He didn't start until he was 10 months old. He's not walking yet. He'll hi-five you when you ask him. He says dada and mama and kitty. Kitty was actually his first word. When Court House was down and out and I was giving him meds and compresses on his belly and trying to keep him quarantined from Roxy and the kids, Courtie was obviously my main focus. Shaunie noticed and would try to crawl to him saying, "Kitty kitty kitty!" Shaun also loves cat food. He'll crawl over and try to sneak some in his mouth. I'll say, "Noooo! That's for the kitties!" and he'll yell back at me and crawl away angrily. Sometimes I have to dig out a chewed up kitty crunchie out of his mouth. I figure that the guy is probably hungry so I'll put him in the high chair and start feeding him and he'll yell at me and throw everything on the floor. I guess he just has a taste for cat food!

He's the most lovable baby ever. He hugs and snuggles and smiles all day. He's the easiest of my 3 put to down for naps and bedtime (Noah was obviously my hardest. I always had to crawl out of his room on my hands and knees and if the floor creaked he jolted up and started screeching. When he turned 2 he would just climb out of the crib and come downstairs). I nurse my Shaun Shaun, put him in his crib awake, he cries for a few minutes and then he's sound asleep.

Shaun also copies Noah and pushes little cars and trucks around the room while making car noises. He sings to himself too. He adores his brothers. He has always been fascinated with Noah and now that Evan isn't in school, he has really warmed up to him too. He's just too cute and so funny and we love him to pieces. I'm having trouble finding Shaun's birthday party pictures, they aren't showing up from my phone! Pooooop. I will post these tomorrow.

I love you, Shaun! I can't believe it has been a year already, my sweet little baby boy!

0 comments: