0

Evan's Garden

CAN IT BE? My mother gardening. They say that grandchildren change you, but I never imagined this. Evan and my mom planted tomato and basil plants. Aunt Ella contributed some pepper plants. Tonight Evan and my mom picked some of the basil for dinner. We just hope the plants survive with all of this crappy rain. I should've taken pictures of my mom, Brittany and Evan mixing soil the day before. He was literally covered head to toe in dirt and mosquito bites. He has absolutely no concept of "clean" vs "dirty".




Speaking of the word "crappy"... Evan and I had our weekly playdate with Jin & Jacey last week. We were at the story time at Barnes & Noble. Pretty much the playdate is as important to Jin and I as it is for the kids. We talk and bitch about stuff. It was after the stories and Jin and I were sitting at a little table by ourselves while Jacey & Evan ran around. So I was talking about our horrible basement and happened to use the word "crappiness". A little boy about 5 years old approached me and said "Please don't use that word." I felt bad and told the kid I was sorry and Jin gave him a look. Then Jin whispered to me "crappy is NOT a bad word". It was the second time that day I got yelled at. At one point we were in one of the book aisles and there were heaps of books and toys thrown all over the floor. I had no idea who did it and said "They just left it this way?" A mother nearby snapped "We're working on it, okay?" OOPS! So I said "I thought our kids did it!" to cover my tracks and all was cool. But later Jin and I agreed that we would never let our kids do that in the first place. So anyway, I promise to be better behaved next time!

0 comments: