0

Fathers Day - "where dada at?"

I had to photoshop Mike's head in here...
My poor Mike... He had to leave for Boston on Sunday morning (Fathers Day). So we celebrated Thursday-Saturday. We ate a belated birthday cake with PoPo on Thursday. PoPo stayed with us for a few days because he and mike took a short trip to the baseball hall of fame. Evan made PoPo (and Mima too) each a fabulous finger painting. Evan and I had Sirrius radio installed in the car for Mike. He was very surprised! I even let Mike listen to the Jimmy Buffet station. Now that's love! hehe Friday night we walked to the Adobe Cafe, which is a great little Mexican restaurant hidden on a residential street - it also happens to have a great vegetarian menu too. Evan ate only chips, salsa and a boat load of guacamole. Then we walked to the ice cream store for Evan. The next day we ate at a sushi place in the mall and Evan had a freak out! At one point he was laying on the floor behind Mike's chair. He enjoyed stabbing us with chopsticks (the chopsticks were rigged so cute for a kid!) He kept wanting us to take him to Ruby's Diner to see the trains- which we did twice. He had a time out by the bathrooms at one point. On the way out, Evan gave us a big smile and shouted "HAPPY FATHERS DAY!" Little punk. So that's the memory Mike had of us as we dropped him off at the train station on Sunday. Then Evan and I headed for my parents' house to celebrate the day with my dad.

My dad picked a place in West Cape May for dinner. It so happened to have a mini carousel and mini golf! Evan immediately hopped on the car and said "Can I have money please?" The ride cost $1.50! So my mom made Brittany get on too to get her money's worth.


We then spotted this sweet woman with special needs. We let her ride too.

Brittany took a full circle on this ride in this very position without moving just so I could get this shot.

Also, I just had to put up this picture from today. My mom is off from work and Evan and I have been taking full advantage of her love while Mike is away. We went shopping in OC. My mom watched Evan as I shopped. When we met up Evan yelled "Mama, we eat cupcake!" and the evidence was on my mom's camera

0 comments: