0

Noah's First Day of School!

Noah goes 2 half days a week! Here's his first day. We had a couple of trial days already in August where I would go with him and we'd stay for an hour to get used to it.

He's all smiles here, but he cried the whole day after we left. Then half a day the next time. The third day I had to pick him up because he just cried. His friend Jonny just started too, but it didn't make a difference. I almost pulled him out of the class for good... I asked him about school and he'd reply, "I bied (cried) for Mommy and Daddy. I bied and bied." Sometime Noah replaces consonants like "g" and "c" with "b". I have no idea why!

Here's Jonny too! How can you cry when your school is so cute?? Actually his fourth day went really, really well, but I had to bribe him the same way I did to potty train him - with M&Ms! I promised him some if he had fun at school and didn't cry. It worked! He cried for 5 minutes. Shaun and I sat in the parking lot and waited. I told his teacher to call us there if he was upset and we'd just go back in a get him, but he was fine. I called at 10 am from the house later on and he was having snack and laughing! I knew if he'd just give it a chance he'd love it. Scrubbing fake bugs in tubs of soapy water sure beats watching me nurse Shaun all morning!

I just had to post this picture when the bus was about to stop to pick up Evan one day. He gave his little brother a kiss goodbye - aw!

Evan was student of the day! From this day forward he officially loves school. Loves it. He had to pack 3 things in the student of the day box. He packed his Halloween costume from last year (a hot wheels driver costume), a skateboard slap bracelet and a pair of glasses that's supposed to make sidewalk chalk look 3D. He's so cute!

0 comments: