2

Our Engagement Weekend

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton under the guise of a 30th birthday present Thursday through Sunday and Mike popped the question on Friday night at the top of the Loews in an enormous room with windows lining the room, with views of the city facing west, north and east.

We had the entire room (and floor really) to ourselves. We had a waiter dedicated solely to us who brought out about a thousand course dinner. We watched the sunset and the sky turn dark with all the lights of the city around us. Amazingly, there were fireworks going on - really good ones - and that's when he proposed. Of course I said yes!

My ma watched Evan back at the hotel... She actually had a room next to ours on Friday night with a shared living room. The ENTIRE thing was a complete surprise. It was the most amazing and romantic night of my life. Be ready because I will be telling everyone about it for the next 50 years. Here are some pics...

Evan eating cereal at the Ritz!





Evan relaxing in the lounge at the top floor. We were up here constantly for the complimentary h'ors doeurves and cocktails. The whole hotel knew Evan by name!













Mike and I at the Ritz before we left for dinner (we had views like this from every window in our hotel room):



Mommy and me. My mom actually scoped out the spot of the proposal before she arrived at the hotel. She snuck up there earlier in the day without Mike even knowing and took pictures. Feisty little grandmom...



Here are some pics of the views from the Loews where I said yes YES YEEEEEESSSS!




Our table for two:






Mike and I... Check out that sunset behind the roses:




ooooh, it's getting darker




And the food!



When we got back to the hotel there was a bath set up with chocolates, bubbles and champagne.





And roses from Evan too:



The next day we walked around the city with grandmom to shop and get the ring resized. Here's Evan in 'Born Yesterday':



6 Month-old child prodigy in the store playing the piano. We MUST get one for him...



Me with the co-conspirators:



Grandmom looking for poops at one of the cocktail hours:



No poops, I guess!



Sunday... the day we left. Evan seriously got used to the good life.





No, we aren't holding Evan over a balcony! See below;



Drooool



See! It's just a window



This looks fake, but none of these photos have been touched up:



The boys catch up on the reading:



Evan REALLY didn't want to leave:



Thank you, Mike (and Evan too!) for the most amazing weekend of my life. I love you both so much and I promise to be the best wife and mother to my boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations stephanie!!!!
:D
-natalie

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS STEPH!!!! What an amazing engagement. You're growing up so fast.