0

Christmas Party III: Christmas Party

A couple of Evan updates... My dad taught Ev how to say "Donald Duck" in a Donald Duck voice! My dad did that voice for Brit and I when we were little. That and Ernie and Bert. We made him talk like that all the time until he'd get a sore throat. I think it's very cool that he taught it to Evan. Also Evan points the remote control at the tv and clicks, following in the footsteps of his PopPop and dad. o great

Also Evan will start dancing if you yell "Dance, dance, dance party!". He even starts shaking his head to the music. I must upload a video of it. He also coughs to get sympathy from his grandmother.

Evan: cough. (a real one)

Grandmom: Oh poor baby!

Evan with wide open mouth: ..... cough! (fake)

Grandmom: Do you have a cold? poor baby

Evan: Cough!

Grandmom: Awwwww!

Evan: Cough!

Grandmom: Faker!

Evan: Ha!

O yes, the party....
Those are sweet potato/peas eyebrows. so gross.

Ev is all cleaned up and playing with his new toy.

Here's some of the family right before the "Grisly Christmas Exchange" game. Everyone has to bring a wrapped gift worth $5. Names are called out, gifts are opened, exchanged and stolen, fights break out. It's a tradition now for years. The Gagliones are notorious for wrapping up stuff they find in their pantry. Aunt Genie got one of their gifts - an economy sized can of sliced apples from BJs! What!? Not only that, but Aunt Wanda said to check the expiration date, because she didn't know how long the apples had been sitting in their basement! Aunt Genie tried to leave it in the downstairs bathroom, but my mom found it before she left and forced her to take it home... So Aunt Genie then left it on the seat of Josh's van. hehehe

Evan enjoys the festivities upside down.

Aunt Ella, Brit, Evan and Josh (Brit and Josh are in Tobago right now! They left the day after Christmas.

Jessie's in the background here.



My mom had everyone over for leftovers the next night. Mike had to leave during the party since he had to work Wednesday... That sucked. I was sad to leave on Friday. The end of Christmas always makes me sad. Also, as soon as I brought Evan up on our porch, he puked all over me... over and over again. We came inside the house, which was stupid on my part because he did it again. I was covered in it... Thank God my parents drove me home, so my mom cleaned up while I gave Evan a bath. He fell asleep immediately and woke up burning with a fever. What bad ending to Christmas.

...But then I thought about how Mima and PopPop were coming to visit for a few days. Also, our street in Roxborough goes totally out with the decorations and lights, which I'm sure will be up until Easter. No, Christmas isn't over yet - yaaaaay!!!!

Stay tuned for Part IV!

0 comments: