0

A long overdue update... Baby's First Thanksgiving!


So we've traveling and running around like nuts. And so we didn't document Evan's FIRST THANKSGIVING!!! What?! I know! Stupid me packed Mike's old camera without the memory card. Mike and I did get a new camera now, so we will be back on track with taking pictures (and video too). Well, we had a fantastic Thanksgiving! We stayed at Mima and PopPop's the first two nights and drove out to Paul and Sue's for the big feast. Granny and Grandpa Gifford were there too! We had a rocky start when Evan was carsick on the hilly, windy roads by Sue and Paul's, but it was all good after that. Sue and Paul's house was beautiful and they had so much yummy food including Sue's homemade pumpkin pie and homemade vanilla ice cream. Evan had a feast of homemade cranberry sauce, Aunt Kelly's corn casserol (which was delicious!) and the most yummy sweet potato casserol I have EVER HAD! I think Granny Gifford made it. It was like a dessert! Evan ended his turkey-less meal with some pumpkin pie. Paul smoked the turkey in his "big green egg" in the back yard and from what I heard it was delicious.

Two nights after the feast we stayed at Kelly, Mike's and Jack's. Mima, Kelly and I toured some model homes down the street while the kids slept. That was very cool. Everyone had steak except for me... Mike Gifford cooked me up a huge tuna steak! Plus we went to a Christmas light show with a crazy carnival at the end. The people working the carnival were a little sketchy. Some were drunk or worse, so Evan and Jack didn't go on any rides, but we had fun anyway with my prize, which was flashy rainbow teeth. We looked for a rave afterward so that I could use them, but we couldn't find one and the kids were getting crazy. hehe

Then the next two nights we stayed at the Hyatt since Mike was working. Kelly met Evan and I for lunch since the hotel was right in the middle of stores, restaurants, and even an ice skating rink!

We had a great time, but we're all 10 pounds heavier. Again... sorry about the lack of pics :0(

0 comments: