0

Orlando - day 1


Let me just start this entry to tell you a very cute story. It's our first full day after our vacation (we got home yesterday afternoon) and Evan and I walked to the park today after I bought him soft pretzel nuggets down the street. I also brought a half-eaten banana which was sitting on top of his stroller. So we're both eating pretzel nuggets and this cute little squirrel comes up. I threw a nugget and he grabbed it and ate it. Then he kept coming back for more. He actually rested his little hands on my finger as he grabbed the pieces. Then he stole Evan's pretzel right out of his hand! I taught Evan how to hold the food out and let the squirrel grab itfrom him. I'm not kidding the squirrel was practically sitting on my lap. It was great until the squirrel jumped on top of the stroller and grabbed Evan's banana. Evan kept pointing at the squirrel yelling "NA-nana! NA-nana!" Evan hasn't quite grasped the "b" of the word banana. I tried annunciating the "b", hoping he'll get it, but instead he treats it like two separate words "Buh! Buh!.......... NA-nana." O yes... And here are pictures of our first day in Orlando. Mike summed it up saying it was sad leaving on Easter Sunday. Completely sad until we all jumped in the pool (1 of the 4 pools) at our awesome, free resort. Here's our beautiful baby living the life...

But first notice Evan's very, very first Easter


Evan's attire on Easter last year:


Easter this year!


Here we are checking in. Our plane got in 1-ish, but after getting the rental car, checking in, exploring the resort, etc... we didn't hit the pool until around 4pm.



This sign was right across from our room.



We didn't waste anytime getting into the pool.





Then we hung out at the playground.




Aw. Baby tired.


So Mike and Evan hung out on the hammock while Momma rustled up some pizza for dinner.


There I am with dinner walking up the path.

And this is what I find...

So that concludes day 1. Stay tuned for Disney shots.

0 comments: