0

So tired

Danielle sent me this from the party last Sunday. From the left they are Kitten, Avery, Mike & Evan. Awww... they're all so tired after the Daly's Halloween party. Evan's sporting a spiderman bandaid on his forehead.

This weekend Brittany and my mom came up to take Evan to the new Please Touch Museum while Mike and I attended a preschool event through this mom's group that I found out about from the park Evan and I go to all the time. The new museum was moved from downtown to about 10 minutes away from our house in this awesome old building that was created for the World's Fair. It was awesome, but very crowded since it was a rainy weekend. They have some hilarious photos and video, so I'll post some of those soon. The preschool thing was very informative, but all but 2 only accepted kids 3 and over, but whatever... we're just doing some research early. I'm also considering joining the YMCA that the event was held in. It's a 2 minute drive and all the mommies I know have joined and their kids all love the babysitting area. Anyway, mom left Saturday after the museum, but Brittany stayed through tonight (Sunday). In fact I dropped her off a couple hours ago at the bus station.

oh yes! BREAKING NEWS!!! Evan had his first kiss/hug from a girl (other than family and family friends) at the playground today. Her name is Lauren and she too was born in January 2007. They were both climbing up the equipment at the same time and they were smiling at each other. Then she hugged him. Then she kissed his face! And Evan had this enormous smile on his face! She did it again later. Brittany and I were besides ourselves. It was so romantic, with the red sunset and yellow autumn leaves all over the place (the kids were jumping in them). Then it got dark and Evan started yelling for the dinner I promised him "Popeye! Popeye! Peas". Which means pizza please. So we took off.

BTW, all potty training has come to a screeching halt. Evan hasn't gone near it for nearly a week. I have no idea what happened, so I'm going to give it a rest for awhile. Before this time, we were getting about half his poops in the upstairs toilet and about half his pees in the downstairs kiddie potty. We have this little potty downstairs sitting against the wall under the steps. When he would pee in it, he didn't want anyone to touch him and he would put his hands against the wall and lean over it to do it. It was a complete balancing act. Now he won't do it at all... Except, now he doesn't mind peeing in Starbucks. I have no idea why... He asks me to hold him up to pee after I go to the bathroom. Oh well, if he's anything like me, he'll be potty trained pretty late. I think I stopped wetting the bed at like 9 or something. hehehe

Well, we miss our Brittany. Evan will definitely be asking about her for the next couple of days.

0 comments: