0

Bay Fest

On Saturday Mike, Evan and I spent the day at Somers Point Bay Fest with my mom, Aunt Doris, Uncle Rick, Becky & Chris. Here are some highlights.

It was hot like a summer day. We were completely overdressed. Notice Evan's new classic Vans? They're the hit of the playground.


There were pony rides (this is a video btw)


Here's us with Aunt Doris and Uncle Rick...


Then Aunt Doris stepped out and mom took her place.


The Celtic band was VERY LOUD.


Evan and Mike pose with a nerdy moose.


Becky, the lover of animals, took Evan into the petty zoo. They brushed goats - and Evan brushed the chickens too. He still loves his chickens. Unfortunately, he did get pecked by a pissed-off chicken.


Becky's official farm girl shoes.





This was after Evan was bitten by the mean chicken.


We then went on the slide. I took him up once, then Mike, then Becky, then my mom. Each time, Evan would insist on going up and then just lay on the big squooshy steps, forcing us to push him up each one. Finally, on the last run my mom had the brilliant idea to chant "go Diego GO! Which allowed him to scramble up by himself.




My mom then took a sleepy Evan home (he fell asleep in the stroller) while Mike and I stayed with Chris and Becky to drink some. When Evan woke up from his VERY LATE nap, my mom and Aunt Wanda took him to see Samantha off to the prom. He was one pissed-off little stinker, but he went along anyway. Here's our beautiful Samantha on the right. Her dress was beautiful. I would love to borrow it, but I don't think anyone at Acme would appreciate it, plus I'd have to stuff the top with all of my socks.



Evan was still sleepy and mad. Click on the pic to enlarge it - Evan's face is priceless here. You definitely could never call our child a poker face - he wears his moods on the expression of his face.


He was fully recovered for the beach the next day.

0 comments: