0

Lucy

This is actually a blog post from almost a month ago... a couple of days after we returned from San Antonio. I started it, but had no photos. I finally got the pics off of my mom's camera....


Mom, Evan and I visited Lucy the Elephant on Sunday in Margate while Mike fished with Timmy. It was actually Lucy's birthday party and the 90-some year old woman who single-handedly saved her from demolition attended and helped cut the cake. There was a moonbounce, a bouncy slide, cotton candy, music and face painting.


Evan's first taste of cotton candy. He loved it.


I LOVE this picture. He looked through all the possible face-painting options and immediately chose the fire truck. We tried to convince him to get it on his arm, but he had already seen all of the kids get it on their faces. He was very still during the painting itself, surprising the face painter. What a good boy! He was so proud...


Here's mom and Evan at the top of Lucy. This was after we took the tour inside her belly, hiney and head. We had to climb up her inside her leg on these tiny, spiral wooden stairs.


We also ate lunch across the street and had a breakthrough food-wise. First of all, Evan's eating tuna fish again after refusing to eat it for a month. Not only that but it was mixed with onion and celery and was on bread with lettuce. I can't remember the last time he ate tuna without picking or spitting out the chunks of mixed in celery, onion and/or carrots. After he took a few bites I asked him "Did you know you just ate lettuce - like a pigmy marmoset?" Lettuce and leaves growing in the wild are the same to Evan. He took another bite "Mmm. Lettuce. I eat like pigmy marmoset." He's never purposely eaten lettuce before! YAY! Today I made him tuna with carrots and he didn't pick ANY of them out. I'm sure he'll be super picky again next week, but oh well. We'll keep on trying.

Here's my mom and Evan from the restaurant across the street.


O ya - and free birthday cake! Evan is sitting on Lucy's toenail eating it. You know my mother... She wrestled her way into the cake line giving Evan the second piece of cake cut - the first went to the woman who saved Lucy. I feed Evan with my big, meaty arm.

0 comments: