0

Weekend with Aunt Brittany

Brittany came last weekend, because she missed her big sister. Ya right! She was pining away for Evan. And when Brittany is around, Evan could care less about me. He just wants his aunt. Here they are with the shark slip n slide Mike bought him. Evan only hung out in the pool part behind the shark head, plus he loved the 3D goggles it came with. Brittany on the other hand, slid down the slide many times.
Mike threw a surprise birthday celebration. He had balloons, a sponge bob cake and presents wrapped in Hanna Montanna wrapping paper!

The confetti...

Evan kept pointing to all the Hannah pics on the paper. He was saying "Dat my girlfriend and dat my girlfriend and dat my girlfriend and dat..."

I gave Mike a hug and kiss for being so wonderful and Evan jumped in to get in on the hug.


Brittany put Evan to bed that night while Mike and I went out for a night on the town. It's really great to have a babysitter.

On another note, Evan has really been suffering from the heat. We don't have central air in our hot rowhouse and he has been waking up drenched in sweat. It was so bad that his little head had a vinegar smell to it for a couple of days, even after a bath. Evan has never had a scent before ... on his head, feet, anything - except his hiney after a poop. Then he started breaking out in a super itchy heat rash. He starts tearing at his head, face, belly, back and arms yelling "OH MOMMY I ITCH! I ITCH SO BAD!" His skin would feel really rough, not like his usual baby smooth skin - even the skin where there seemed to be no rash. A cool bath made it even worse. The only thing that seemed to help was this all natural witch hazel mix that someone gave me for Evan's baby shower. I'd lay him down naked in mine and Mike's room and spritz him all over and he would sigh in relief. Now we have a air conditioning unit in Evan's room. Mike and I continue to suffer in the heat, but Evan seems to be doing much better. The doctor had suggested corisol cream so I bought that too. Plus she said to keep his skin moisturized, so now I'm sch-mearing lotion on him constantly.

0 comments: