0

Noah turns 7 mos!

Mr. Poopinstein apologizes for the picture quality. We used Daddy's phone.



When I say Mr. Poopinstein, I mean it. He's been pooping up to 8xs/day! I don't know if it's his teeth (2 came in on the bottom at the exact same time - just like Evan's did), but I called the doctor office twice about it and they didn't seem concerned. So I guess we'll just ride it out.



Month 6 had been a monumental month for Noah. Besides his 2 teeth, First and most importantly - on Sunday, November 7, 2010 our baby was finally baptized! I will hopefully post some pictures of this soon. If anyone has photos, please email them and I'll get them up. At least I have video coming soon.

We thought the day would never come and now we're scared that it did...

AS OF SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14 2010, Noah has started to crawl! It's a slow, labor intensive crawl with frequent collapsing on the belly, but he gets where he needs to go. I will post video hopefully tomorrow.

For a while now, Noah could sit for long periods of time and if he started to fall back, he'd throw his hand on the floor behind him to push himself back up. Then he would go from a sitting position to his belly. He didn't care if he nose-dived to do it, but soon he learned how to do it without hitting his face on the carpet. So we would sit him on his hiney on the floor, walk away to do something and come back and he's 4 feet away, on his belly. We know he didn't crawl, but he did scoot backward and roll.

We knew he was close when a week ago he started flipping from his belly to a sitting position. We'd lay him on his back on the floor, go to the kitchen, then come back to see him a few feet away sitting up. Now he does it all the time. Then while trying to reach a toy on Sunday, 4 days shy of his 7 mo. birthday, the inevitable finally happened. Noah crawled. Mike was like, "Did you just see that!?"

Just today he crawled over to the cable box which sits on the floor next to the tv stand. With his feet planted on the floor, he put his hands on top of the box and hoisted himself into a half stand. He was hanging out for about a minute like that, with his butt in the air, staring at the cables behind the box. Then he let go with one hand and reached behind the box and grabbed the coaxial cable, trying to shove it in his mouth! Amazing!!

As for other stuff, Noah can stand holding on to a piece of furniture, without help from me for about a minute and can even let go with one hand for a second or two, then he starts swaying and lands on his butt. And he doesn't care if he falls. It takes a lot for him to cry. He's the happiest and friendliest little baby ever. He loves everybody and if you smile at him he'll smile and give you a "heh!" laugh. He's got an incredible sense of humor. He'll chew on my face, his eyes less than an inch from mine. I'll say to him, "WHAT are you doing" pretending to be stern. He'll be silent for a few seconds, smiling and staring right into my eyes, then roll his eyes up and away from me and starts belly laughing, then continue chewing on my face. We could do that over and over for hours.

He also loves scratching fabric with his little fingernails, like a cat. And he HATES being restrained. Every time I put him in the car, I have to give him a minute or two of "scratch time". I put him in the carseat and before I can put on the harness, he leans forward and scratches the back seat. I buckle Evan in while he's scratching away. Only then will he reluctantly let me strap him in.

Also, he slept through the night for about a week, but it was a total tease. He's back up at 3am wanting a snack with a big 'ol poop in his diaper. Fortunately, he'll go right back down, but then he's up at 5:45 am and he's wide awake with another poop.

Just a little Evan update. He was wearing his bath toy container on his head. It's a triangular mesh thing that suctions to the corner of a shower. He kept calling himself the "bad guy beekeeper". And he likes to crawl into Noah's crib while Noah's in it.

0 comments: