0

Happy 4th, little monkey!

Here he is!!



... a whole month before!

And no pictures of the party? Um... well... I couldn't find my camera at the time, but I have it now! So Mommy Darling, may I borrow yours again? In the meantime check out this picture. Evan is fifth from the front on the rope...



I quote from Mike, "One of the benefits of working from home is getting to yell 'I Love You' out the window to your son, as his class walks by en route to the library."

So instead of having a full-fledged party, we had a family dinner. Thank God we did. For one, Mike was away the whole week before so we literally pulled it together the day of the event and secondly we infected everyone at the party with the deadly ebola virus.

Maybe it wasn't ebola, but we did give everyone a nasty stomach virus. It started with Evan and Noah. Then Mike and I woke up in the middle of the night of the dinner tag teaming each other at the bathroom. Everyone at the dinner followed suit a day or two later. I'm really, REALLY sorry everyone. At least we all lost a few holiday pounds, right?

So I brought cupcakes and pizza to Evan's school as his "friend" party. I got the idea from Evan's friend Naomi's mom who did the same thing a few months before. I did give Evan a bunch of funky sunglasses to pass out to everyone that they all wore for circle time. So cute!

I did this since I figured it was the last year that I could get away with it, plus we had some elaborate birthday parties for the first few years... Mac & Mancos, then the Brew Pub, then the Little Treehouse not to mention Kildare's for Ev's Baptism. Mike and I were so excited to finally have a house that could accommodate more than 5 people at time. But then Evan said, "but I thought we were having it at the water park" Because he went to Evelyn's party there 2 weeks before! Oh, dart to the heart! Okay, so next year... big blow out at Montego Bay, the indoor water park with the tiki bar, flat screen tvs and Jimmy Buffet blaring for Mike (I have a funny story to tell about that day later).

Anyway, here's to our first born! You are so smart, funny and adorable. You really are. This is what your teacher told us at the parent teacher conference "He melts EVERYONE'S heart." She said that about YOU because you're amazing. We love you, big guy!!



Evan at the birthday party at Montego Bay. Check out those muscles, right?

0 comments: