0

and MORE weekend stuff

Ahoy, matey! We went on my dad's friend's pirate ship on the bay in OC. We missed the 10:30 slot, so we hung around and waited for the noon one. Then there was face painting, pirate hats and eye patches. Here's Evan getting his water snake tattoo. Then both he and his dad got some pirate facial hair.




The ship is arriving!


Evan's pirate moustache and goutee washed away pretty quickly. Evan's looking through the railing at the arriving ship.


I got a tattoo too.



Once on the ship, the crew told jokes, sang songs. One of the crew members was named "Evan" too, and he paid extra attention to our little guy. He's the one holding Evan in this shot.





We battled Stinky Pirate Pete by shooting water cannons as he zipped around our boat in small boat while wearing a skull mask. Mike got a little too into it and was shooting water in the hole in the guy's mask, so we got splashed extra hard. Once we defeated Stinky we found a map, and 3 keys (Evan was given one).


Then fished a treasure chest out of the water. It was filled with little toys. I got a set of orange fangs, which tasted salty.



At the end the crew fished out a bottle of Stinky's grog out of the bay (root beer) and we all drank it while dancing to hip-hop on the boat. Evan loved the root beer. Here's Evan dancing with a lady pirate.


After we docked and started driving out of the parking lot, the captain started flagging us down. We stopped and he handed me his business card through the window and said this "Give my love to grandmom and tell her to email me." I said "This grandmom?" and pointed to my mom in the back seat. He then said "Yes!" and waved and walked away. The pirate was trying to pick up my mom! Here's the shameless captain along with me, Evan and Evan.


After that we all had lunch on Asbury Ave. and got back to my parents around 3pm. Evan was completely bushed and slept until nearly 6pm. We had to wake him up to go see Sir Rod in Wildwood! That post coming soon...

0 comments: