1

Evan's First Artshow



It's a Major Award! Evan entered a children's art show in his dad's office building and won a prize! The reception took place on Monday where there was a buffet, a MAGICIAN and medals for all of the kids. I took Evan there during his naptime so he had sleepy eyes the whole time. And of course we didn't have the camera. Evan stayed awake long enough to eat a fruit cup, some fries and a juice box. He clapped for the magician at all of the appropriate moments and participated despite having no idea what was going on. I loaded him in the car after 2pm and he was out immediately. Later in the day Danielle, Mark, Colin & Avery Daly, Joel & Arlene, and Uncle Bill came over for some pizza and a (birthday cake for UB). Evan had a blast running around with Colin and Avery (and UB too). Evan had taken an immediate liking to UB. When everyone left later that night, Evan kept yelling "Don't Go!". The pics are cute, but I can't get them off the memory card - what!? I think it's corrupted. Anyhoo, here are some shots a week before Evan's big reception...

Evan entitled his work "Blue Christmas". Which as you can see, blue was the dominant color and when I asked him what the title of his work was, he said "boo". It's a mixed media piece - materials included crayons, marker, colored pencil and water color.



Here's our beatnik artist son. Like most artists, he's very eccentric.

1 comments:

ColleenM said...

HAAAA! I love it! What is the shortcut for "rolling on the floor laughing my ass off?" I think its ROTFLMAO! That is what I am doing.