0

Halloween Fun

Here we are at Menz's haunted house restaurant. For those of you who know Menz's, it's pretty much a haunted house without the decorations with its dark, meandering rooms and taxidermy. When I was little, I was there with my parents and ordered a fried chicken basket. Then I couldn't eat it because the stuffed 2-headed animals made me visualize that I was eating a 2-headed chicken. My dad snapped, "It would taste the same, 2-headed or not - Eat it!" I couldn't...

Anyway, they decorated the place with black lights and monsters that pop out when you push the buttons. Then they give you flashlights to read the menu. Evan loved it, "This is the best restaurant EVER!" We all had to take turns taking him to the "scary room". Where he would scare us over and over again with a man where Evan would remove his head and then push a button and a dracula would pop out of a coffin. All kids in costume could pick out a Halloween prize out of a treasure chest. Evan chose a viking-style ax that he wanted to bring to church the next day.



That's not Evan's actual Halloween costume. We lost his fireman jacket! So he picked out the mailman costume our neighbors gave us.



This is before Noah put on his costume- we were running late as usual and had change him at the restaurant. We had plenty of time. We had to wait an hour, even with reservations. Thank God for the arcade and rides outside the restaurant.



Our NoNo was such a good boy... Even though it was super late for him. He doesn't like to miss out on anything, just like his brother. Didn't these brothers both make the cutest little chickens ever?

Noah at 6 mos.


Evan at 9 mos.


Here is Evan scaring us.



Unfortunately, Menz's is much more expensive now then it was when I was little. No more fried chicken baskets. So my mom and I ordered the clam strips platter (the cheapest thing on the menu) and split them with Evan. Mike ordered pork chops and did the same. So Evan had a little of everything, but skipped the applesauce. He is totally NOT into applesauce anymore. I don't know what happened. Anyway, it's going to be part of the Cronin family Halloween tradition from now on.

0 comments: