0

Trip to VA (and playset pictures - finally!)

We have no pictures of this trip. Our next big purchase is going to have to be a new camera. In the meantime, please view Evan's Aunt Kelly's montage of pictures of the cousins: Evan and Noah with Jack and Kate. They're all wearing jack o'lantern jammies from Mima. It may take a minute to load, but it's worth the wait - You're going to poop your pants it's so cute!


Kelly's Pictures (Click Me)


The ride to and from VA was awful, but the actual time spent on vacation was fantastic. The first half of the trip Mike talked his way into us getting a suite. It had a kitchenette, dining room table, 2 bathrooms (tv in one - Mike and Evan were very pleased.) The boys and I bummed around and shopped while Mike worked. One night we joined him at an outdoor reception and Noah had a chance to meet all of his coworkers (some had only seen him when he was first born). He was super cute and funny and charmed everyone. Mima and PoPo met us one day to hang out too. After 3 days in the hotel, we headed over to the Giffords. Evan and Jack ran around like maniacs and we got to see their newly finished basement - incredible!! A pub-like bar, tv/family space, toy/play space, beautiful bathroom and a workout room. We all got to meet Kate and they met Noah for the first time. Kate wasn't feeling Mike at first with his beard (I think she prefers big, curly moustaches), but by the end of the trip she warmed up to him and now they're almost best friends!

Some bad news for me and Noah. The trip was the start of me losing my milk supply. On the way down I thought I wasn't producing due to stress, which was probably partly true. But after a second session of only an ounce or so, I knew I was in trouble. More to come about this on Noah's 6 month update, but in the meantime I have to pull out some pictures or my sister and mom will yell at me for writing too much and not showing anything so.... Here's something I've been meaning to post for a very long time - Evan and Noah's new playset!!!!! Evan loves locking his grandmother and aunt in the clubhouse part. Poor Brittany actually thought she was locked in and kept screaming for help.

And here are some shots of Evan and Noah's playset being installed in August. It happened to be on the same day our old neighbors from Roxborough came for the weekend.

Evan had no idea this was happening. He knew there was a surprise from his grandparents and that's it. He and my mom were coming back from a walk when it arrived on a big trailor. Evan thought the little front end loader was his too. He seriously did.





Then we got to reap the rewards! My favorite part is the trapeze bars at the right. I like doing a little flip. Just in case you can't see: a club house with a door with keys, windows that open with screens, a porch, a rock wall, a slide, a tire swing under the clubhouse, 2 swings (one we replaced with a baby swing), trapeze, monkey bars.


O ya... a periscope, steering wheel and telescope mounted on the porch. The boys' playset is nicer than our house.

0 comments: