0

My BEST Father's Day Ever!

First and foremost, Happy Father's Day to our fathers, and all the fathers that we know. If your day was even a fraction of how special my day was, you are indeed very fortunate. My Father's Day started early - I had to attend a conference on Saturday, and when I came home, Evan was wearing this shirt. Could he be wearing anything more appropriate?


Then Evan gave me a Father's Day card. He had his Mommy draw a picture of us together. He worked on it with his Mommy like a police sketch artist works. I think they did a great job!

Then Evan gave me some presents! As you can see, he got me a case of Corona Light, and even thought to get limes with it too! Plus, he gave me a digital picture frame that I can take with me to work to put on my desk. I love it, and it's a good thing too, because that is the receipt on top of the present, torn in two and chewed up a bit. Evan used it as a teething toy for a while. Regardless, it's an awesome one, because it shows pictures, plays videos, and even plays Mp3's! I'll be DJ Mike, keeping everyone at work updated on Evan's progress with hundreds of photos and videos, adding music from my iPod. Wikki, Wikki...wik wik wik!

Finally, Evan took me to the new Brazilian steakhouse in Philly, Fogo de Chao. Paradise Found is what I call it. I ate so much that my head was spinning - and that was 10 minutes after our arrival. They have an amazing salad bar, but I stayed far away from it. Salad bars are for suckers inside a Brazilian steakhouse. (Except for Steph, who is a vegetarian and was THE BEST for bringing me there even though it probably would not have been her first choice. But hey, It' Father's Day!) At one point, the waitress saw the look in my eyes and told me that it was OK to be full. I took that as a personal challenge and flipped my sign to green right in front of her to announce my presence with authority! The Gaucho was on us in a heartbeat, slicing up more meat on my plate and I almost puked. Steph thinks Evan will follow in her footsteps and be a vegetarian, because of the shell-shocked look in his eyes. I think it's because just before this picture was taken, I was in a bit of a feeding frenzy and mistook his arm for a delicious piece of chicken wrapped in bacon and nibbled on it...

0 comments: