0

The Baptism - Now more stuff!!!

Thank you so much to PopPop Cronin and Joel for sending us more pictures! Mike and I were such slackers with the camera that day. The Baptism was so great... We got to see so many people that we haven't seen in a long time. Mike and I were blown away at how generous you all were to our baby. We love you all and we're so lucky to have you in our lives. THANK YOU!!!!!

Also, a special thanks to Anthony at Kildare's. We didn't have to worry about a thing during the whole party... He took very good care of us and my family loved him. My family also loved the waiters and bartender who treated them well - thank you all at Kildare's!

Now, finally we have some pictures! Doesn't Evan look more Catholic now? Notice the greasy spot on his head where he was annointed. It smelled minty- even after a bath.

PopPop before Evan got dressed...


At the ceremony at St. John the Baptist. Deacon Baratta performed the ceremony, which was BEAUTIFUL.






Evan with his dad:


Evan with his Godparents Uncle Dan & Aunt Brittany


Evan with both sets of grandparents:


Why, oh why did my face have to ruin this picture? Evan with Uncle Mike, Aunt Kelly and cousin Jack. Please ignore my crazy face. Mike must've goosed me.


Again. My stupid face. Here's Evan with Mike, Uncle Dan, Aunt Mel and Elizabeth


Colin and Avery looking soooo angelic


Mike and Evan with Cindy and Karen:


Arlene, Uncle Bill and Mima. Dave Stoetzer is behind them giving a crazy face.


And now the party...

The cakes:


Joel, Arlene, Evan, Danielle & Avery:


Uncle Bill, Kelly, Mike and Jack Gifford:


Evan with Mima and PopPop


Aunt Diane, Evan, Uncle Allen, Uncle Robert and Mima


Evan, with the PopPops. Playing with beer. Hey! Wait a minute!


Evan was a complete champ. He only took a half hour nap during the reception, only to wake up for some more partying. He finally crashed at the tail end with Aunt Donna. Mike also voted Jake Sullivan (now 1 years old!) as MVP due to his power napping and endurance. Jake parties like his mom, Toni (pre-children Toni that is). Of course slacker me doesn't have any pictures of Jake, Toni or Chuck, but here's Evan with Aunt Donna:



That night we checked into the Holiday Inn and took over the place. A bunch of us sat outside in lawn chairs with the left-over Baptism cake and chatted, Mike swam in the pool with Evan's cousin Jack, then everyone headed over to TGIFridays for a late dinner (everyone went to dinner but me, I was asleep with my Catholic son).

The next day we had check-out time at the hotel pushed back so that Evan (and Mike) could take a nap. Awwwwww. The boys were up late the night before partying into the wee hours. Mike was with Timmy and Mike Gifford at Westie's and Evan was with his mommy, refusing to sleep in the hotel crip. He kept staring at me while gripping the bars and crying. He ended up in bed with me at 10pm. Who knows what time Mike came back.



The next day, we sat poolside and polished off the cake (Aunt Genie had it sitting on the airconditioning vent in her room to preserve it the night before). Then Jessica, Sarah, Mike, Evan and I walked over to Target to buy diapers because I didn't bring enough. Then we went home, opened cards and gifts and cried (I cried, not Mike). Woo!

0 comments: