0

A day at the park

No photo for this one (we MUST get Mike's camera fixed). I'm not feeling too well today. I think I have a cold or allergies or something, so I took Evan to Gorgas park to get coffee and hang out at the playground on a big sheet while Evan played next to me. I brought his green beans & prunes in a thermal bag with guess what - formula! Daddy won't be happy...

I've mixed cereal with the free formula samples I got before (I haven't used the soy ones that were given to me... I heard it's not good for babies). Anyhoo, when we went shopping at the fancy, new SuperFresh yesterday I picked up some organic formula so that we can try to wean my baby boy. Last night, the formula didn't go over too well. Even kept it in his mouth while eating and let it all ooze out without swallowing. Pretty gross. However, today was progress. I let him drink it with a straw and he took a little less than an ounce. He ate all his green beans (which he wouldn't eat at Janice and Bob's) and his prunes (which he loves).

A bunch of kids hung out with us at our blanket. They put their dirty little sneakered feet all over it, but oh well - Evan LOVED them. He kept cracking up as they touched his hands and face and called him "cute baby". They would leave, then come back and Evan would stare at them waiting for them to return. When they did they always yelled 'TO THE BABY!' Maybe that's why Evan drank some formula and ate all of his food - he was trying to show off to the big kids!

0 comments: