0

Avery's Birthday

I know, I know - you're getting blog overload. Sorry, but a lot of things have happened in January. Now our little Avery has turned 3 yrs old!!! She had her birthday at the karate academy she attends. All the kids were so great and had such a good time. Avery partied hard and started dosing as Danielle carried her off after the festivities. Evan, too, missed a nap, and fell asleep in the car ride home.

Here's our little birthday girl:


All the kids got a Dragon headband. Here's Evan getting his:



And him taking it off

The kids played karate games. Here's Avery. The point of the game was to be as still as you could. If you moved, you had to sit (that's why Avery is sitting at the beginning of this blog entry).

Colin

...and Evan. He moved the whole time and refused to sit. As you can see, you must remove your shoes before you step into the Dojo. This was Evan's kind of party, as he had his shoes kicked off in the car en route to the party. But I felt bad for Steph - she finally had a chance to dress up and looked really good! She had on a great pair of boots, and what's the first thing she had to do when she got to the party? Get rid of them!

We had pizza and cake.

And the kids cracked open a pinata! Evan didn't do that activity, but he reaped the benefits as you can see here. Hello there, handsome.

He used his tootsie rolls like flippers. Awwww! he's calling for him mama at the end of this clip. It melts my heart, but I was off eating pizza. Sorry, Ev.


As usual, we were the last to leave! Here is a picture of Master Kim saying good bye to Evan. Master Kim said Evan has mad skills, and invited Evan back to train with him when he turns 18 months. Evan has a look on his face like he had when he met the Phillie Phanatic and Sir Rod! I'm starting to wonder if he has a problem with authority...


Evan just did a huge roundhouse kick here, but he was too fast and I just missed it. I asked him to do another one, but he shot me a look that said "What, I'm here to amuse you? Like a clown?" so I just dropped it. Trust me, this instructor was very impressed with Evan's cat-like reflexes and lightening quick kicks! Steph was not as impressed, saying "You should have felt him in my tummy!"


Happy Birthday, Avery! We love you!!!

0 comments: