0

Easter Eve

We spent the morning in Ocean City for the big egg hunt on the beach.
Noah was more into the sand than he was the egg hunt. He found exactly 4 eggs on a beach filled with thousands of them. I think I found 3 of them for him.
Jeff and his girlfriend Megan met us on the boardwalk after the hunt.
Later that night we had the egg dyeing party at Aunt Ella's. After the meatballs and other food, the chaos begins!
I don't know how Mike's sister Kelly does it. I saw pictures of Jack dyeing eggs with 3 pristine cups of dye and the result being a carton of darling, perfect eggs. The end result with this crowd year after year are at least a half dozen eggs so over-dyed they're brown, many broken and cracked, a couple that have words like "poop" written on them and we always have one raw one thrown in by Uncle Larry. He likes to surprise Aunt Donna when she makes some of the Easter eggs into deviled eggs for the dinner the next day.
Me and Dad sit back and relax for a bit.
After the eggs, the men solve world problems. Where's my Mike?? In the potty?? I don't know - I'm too busy shoving down handfuls of Easter candy somewhere.
Jeff must have farted here.

0 comments: