0

Jin, Justin & Jacey's BBQ

Didn't I tell you the weekend wasn't over yet? Today Evan and I dropped off Mike at 30th St. because he had to take a business trip to Albany. We then headed over to the Captis' for their fall party. I AM SO PISSED AT THE CAMERA!!! The damn thing keeps corrupting the photos. I took a bunch of pictures today, including a 9 month bday shot of Evan and only one picture came out uncorrupted. I even tried another memory card. damn, damn dammit! At least the one shot that came out was so super cute - Miss Jacey Cakes!



Justin had just completed the back yard - it's so artistic - just like Jin and Justin. They had put cement in, but had these smooth rocks embedded throughout. They also had put up a wooden fence and the gate had slats that had been carved into leaves. It really was beautiful. They did it all themselves. Everyone in that family is so artistic - Jin, Justin and Jin's dad (who's an incredible artist - I think he created the gate)

There were 3 kiddies at the party - Jacey, Evan and a little 15-month old Zoe. And guess what - all 3 were wearing Puma track suits! Jacey's was pink and black, Zoe's was brown with pink and Evan just had on the top part and was red & white (Aunt Kelly gave him his). Evan and I were the first to arrive and the very last to leave. The kids seriously had so much fun. I have never, NEVER seen evan so social in my whole life. Lately, he's had a little bit of separation anxiety, making Mike refer to him as "mommy's boy". But not today! It was like I didn't exist! First of all, Jacey's toys are awesome. Evan thought he was in a Toy Kingdom and went from object to object to explore. And this is nuts... I picked up something and said "What's this?" and Evan said "Thissssss". I freaked out! And kept trying to get him to do it again. Jin's friend from highschool was there and was like "whoaaaa!". So we kept saying it again and again, trying to get him to repeat it. Then he just started hissing. Ssssss. Then that turned to raspberries - but hey!

We also jumped on Jin & Justin's bed. Jacey kept asking me to sing the "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" song and Evan tried to grab her as she jumped. He was laughing hysterically, trying to hug her legs! Incredible! She gave him kisses. awww! I'm telling you, they were so funny together. It's really the first time that Evan really played with a non-adult and could care less if an adult was there or not. Jacey's so incredibly smart too... She can count to 20, she knows her ABC's and has the vocabulary of an adult - and she's only 1 1/2! And it's cool because evan tried to mimic everything she did.

I just got off the phone with Mike, giving him the whole update of the day and I had tears in my eyes. I wish he could've seen our Ziggy in action tonight. I can't wait to pick him up from the train tomorrow night...

0 comments: