0

The last day in Texas


Our flight was at 6pm so we Cronins squeezed in every last thing into our remaining few hours in San Antonio. We played in a playground in Hemisphere Park, looked through the Mexican Cultural Museum which was really cool, went up the Tower of the Americas, then ate lunch at Rosario's in South Town. Then left to put Evan down for a nap before we took a taxi to our flight (Evan loves taxis). Evan didn't sleep on the returning flight even after we put on his pjs and brushed his teeth. So Mike and I read while Evan entertained himself with trucks. We were home by 11pm with one tired monkey.

The playground.


This is in the tower. Evan said "You have money, Mommy? Have money?" He's not satisfied to just sit on the thing.


He tried to ride a horse in the gift shop, poor baby. I think both his grandparents in NJ and VA have plenty of room for a pony.

Notice the bare right foot in the photo above? Evan kept kicking off his right "slip-sop" the entire trip. Everyday. At least 5x a day. It got to the point where I'd just hang his flip-flop on the stroller handle and ignore the fact that he's running around with one shoe on. Everyone we passed would say, "Honey, I think he lost a shoe."

Evan had gotten a time-out the first day we were in San Antonio along the river by our hotel. He had run away from me and wouldn't come back when I called. He ran up the steps and across a foot bridge out to the street level with me chasing after him - and he's fast. I gave him a time-out by the waterfall back along the river and everytime we walked past that spot he'd say "I get time-out there!"

So if you ask Evan what his favorite part of the trip was, you'll get one of two answers. The first one is "I get time-out by the waterfall." and the other would be "My cup fell in water. It float away."

0 comments: